Thursday, September 27, 2012

Two Handmade Baby Bibs and a Knitted Baby Hat

We had a baby shower for my niece-in-law who is having a little baby girl in just a few weeks. I will be a Great Aunt ...again. This is the third time. Yet every time I think of myself as Great Aunt Beth, I cringe. How did this happen?! Am I not still eighteen?! Oh, wait. I have an eighteen year old daughter! I still can't believe that either.
 
Back to the shower. It was a lovely day. My sister-in-law, Felicia and her daughter, Emily, hosted it. They did an amazing job. Emily can bake! I don't think I've ever tasted cupcakes and pumpkin cheesecake so delicious. Believe me, I've tasted a lot of both in my short 18 years. Like how I brought my age back into the picture?
 
Luke and Liz, the soon-to-be parents live out west, so all gifts were ordered and shipped; and instead we brought our favorite childhood books to the shower. That was a lot of fun, hearing stories of why we all picked the books we did. But of course I had to add a little bit of the homemade to the mix.
 
 
 
 
 
I played around with the sewing machine and ended up with these two bibs for little Lila Kate (read more about Lila Kate and her parents here http://abattylife.com/)
 


I also just had to knit a little hat for her. She's growing up in ski county, with a mom who works in the industry at Heavenly Mountain. She needs the proper outdoor apparel.

I started making the Snow Time Hat, but soon realized I was running out of yarn. I either had to improvise or start over. I chose improvise and turned it into a regular shaped hat. It turned out cute, but was murder trying to figure out what to do to make the cables look good as the hat decreased at the crown. I was happy with how it turned out.

I had so much fun making these gifts. I just might have to do more gift-making in the future.

P.S. Thanks so much to Felicia for taking such amazing pictures. She is one talented photographer, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment