Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today was a very special day! It takes something special to get me up at 6:30am on a weekend, especially in the middle of my summer break. But I was up and ready, sleepy, but ready for the two and a half hour drive to visit Patti Lacy’s writer’s group. If you don’t recognize her name; she’s a Christian author. (She’s what all of us writer’s want to be - published.) I felt very honored to attend and met some amazing women, amazing writers. Boy, did I learn A LOT. Most importantly, that my most important audience is God. And if no one ever reads this blog or anything else I write, the fact that I followed what I felt I was supposed to do is enough. I write because God gifted me and gave me a passion. He is my audience. We all should do what we know we are meant to do, just because we are meant to do it, not for fame or notoriety. 


When I knew I was going to get to go, I checked out her first novel from the library, "An Irishwoman's Tale." It's a thrill to be able to say I read a book written by a person I actually know. Today I hit the bookstore and picked up her second one, "What the Bayou Saw." s Check out her book and visit her website for yourself, www.PattiLacy.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment