Friday, May 21, 2010

Mom Memories, Part VI

I’m kneeling by the couch and Mom is softly starting to cry as she prays to end our morning devotions. The last thing before leaving for school or church on Sunday was devotions. It was as much a part of the morning as breakfast and the brushing of teeth. And it is where I learning to give my day to God and ask for His leading each day. It’s also where I learned to pray, and especially to pray for others. I’ve heard probably every person in this church prayed for at one time of another. My parents believe in prayer and live a life of prayer. We prayed before leaving on trips, when we finished a visit at a person’s home or hospital room, when the car wasn’t running well, when we saw an accident, when someone was sick, and the list goes on. Talking to God was as normal as talking to each other. And my mom’s prayers were and are so very tender and full of thanksgiving to God. James 5:16 says, “…The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” I know God answers prayers because I’ve heard and seen the results of the prayers my mom has prayed through the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment