Monday, May 24, 2010

Mom Memories, Part VII

We’re sitting in a car and Mom encouraging my Dad on the way home from a church visit. My mom has the gift of encouragement. She knows how to make you feel loved and important. I’m sure my dad would not be the man he is today if he didn’t have my mom there encouraging in every step he took. She was an encouragement to so many pastor’s wives too. I remember listening to her conversations with tired, hurting women. Mom is a quiet woman, but when she speaks it is always to say something loving or helpful. She does not speak mean or critical words about others. My mom lives out Ephesians 4:29, “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Proverbs 31:26 says, “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.”

No comments:

Post a Comment