Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Exciting Book Find

I was so excited this past Thursday, figuratively jumping up and down in the library. I found a book I'd been wanting to read for about a year now at my local library's weekly book sale. And I only had to pay $2.50 for it!

My hunt for this book takes a winding path. Follow along. The local book club (which sadly no longer existed because of library budget cuts.) read a book by Anne Patchette titled, "Run." I fell in love with Anne's writing and read several more of her books. One of those books was a memoir about her friendship with a fellow writer, Lucy Grealy. Lucy had cancer as a child and had to have several reconstructive surgeries on her face throughout her short life.

Lucy wrote the book, "Autobiography of a Face," the book I'd been searching for and finally found. I'll review the book for you when I'm finished. So...wait for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment